Wojciech ‘Voytek’ Jackowski's practice focuses on commercial and corporate dispute resolution with an emphasis on achieving rational business solutions or cost-effective judicial resolutions of such disputes. In addition to appearing in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels and administrative panels domestically, Voytek has experience in international aspects of litigation. He has represented entities and individuals in cases involving trade and contract disputes, property loss claims, bankruptcy proceedings, construction issues, commodities and derivatives matters, white-collar crime, personal injury and claims raising questions under federal labor law. Voytek also advises clients on international facets of litigation and dispute resolution, as well as criminal and civil facets of various international income reporting obligations.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Voytek was a Partner in the New York law firm of Menaker & Herrmann LLP, where he gained extensive experience with disputes involving real estate, construction contracts, design and construction defects, representing various real estate industry stakeholders in mediations, arbitrations, trials and appeals. In his practice, he applies his litigation experience in advising clients and provides value-added services in structuring business, financial and legal terms for his clients.
Voytek began his career as a prosecutor and later became a Senior Assistant District Attorney with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office where he was part of the Money Laundering and Revenue Crimes Bureau and the Rackets Division. There, he concentrated on the investigation and prosecution of business and securities fraud, money laundering and corporate and individual income and sales tax evasion. He also supervised investigations relating to identification and civil forfeiture of criminally obtained assets.
- "Roadmap to Ethical Issues in Construction: A Primer for Design Professionals," HalfMoon Education Inc., October 2022
- "Legal Issues and Contract Disputes," Half Moon Education Inc., August 2022
- “Construction Managers & Pre-construction Services – Value, Panacea, or Problem," a/e ProNet Spring Conference, March 2022
- "Understanding Issues in Contract Administration: Key Considerations for Design Professionals and Other Project Participants," Half Moon Education Inc., February 2022
- "Construction Contracts 101: Demystifying Design & Construction Contracts for the Successful Project," New York City Bar Association, January 2022 (Co-presenter)
Additional Speaking Engagements
- "A Roadmap to Contracting and the Key Construction Clauses You Need to Know Now", Maryland Construction Network's Legal Resource Group, December 2020
- "Impact of the Pandemic on the Construction Industry," Half Moon Education Inc., April 2020