Mark Wendaur serves as counsel in the firm’s Business Law & Transactions practice group. Mark maintains a broad corporate and transactional practice focusing on mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements, corporate governance, venture capital transactions, and corporate restructurings. He also represents clients in commercial real estate and energy matters, including transactions, financing, land use, and zoning issues.
Mark represents clients of all sizes, including individuals, closely held companies, investor groups, publicly traded companies, and government entities. He regularly provides strategic business counseling to these clients to help them achieve their goals and business objectives.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Mark owned and operated a small law firm representing small businesses, startups, real estate developers, and government entities in transactional and litigation matters. He also worked at a regional Philadelphia-based law firm servicing a wide range of domestic and international companies.
Mark obtained his J.D. from Widener School of Law and his bachelor’s degree from Allegheny College.
- Equity sale of international consumer goods retailer to public company: $360 million
- Equity sale of a majority interest in mechanical/ commercial contractor to private equity firm: $160 million
- Financing transaction for hospitality company: $50 million
- Equity sale of shipping and packaging company to private equity firm: $32 million
- Equity sale of shipping and packaging company to private equity firm: $24+ million
- Equity purchase of international pet supply and marketing company by public company: $24+ million
- Equity sale of regional wealth management firm to national wealth advisor: $11.5+ million
- Equity purchase of specialty education and marketing company by public company: $8.5+ million
- Equity sale of a partial interest in registered investment advisor to public company: $2 million
- Equity purchase of national leadership consulting firm: $2+ million
- Equity purchase of optometrist practice
Real Estate Transactions
Zoning and Land Development
- Secured eighteen zoning variances to develop a 7-Eleven convenience store and adjacent bus station
- Secured a special exception before the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment for restaurant use
- Served as solicitor to a zoning hearing board reviewing applications for variances and special exceptions related to the expansion of nonconforming uses (marijuana dispensary), new construction of medical buildings, and construction of digital billboards
- Served as solicitor to a planning commission reviewing applications to subdivide and develop real estate, including the development of a major mixed-use development
- Secured a special exception on behalf of an international solar developer allowing for the construction of a 6MW solar facility on approx. 30 acres
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Choosing a Business Structure,” Presenter, National Business Institute, Nov. 2018
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers