Gregory Grissett is a medical device patent strategist and helps medical device enterprises protect their innovations, minimize intellectual property (IP) related risk, enforce patents and defend against patent assertions. Gregory does this primarily through patent preparation and procurement, post-grant proceedings (IPR, ex parte reexaminations), patent litigation and various types of patent analysis. In addition, Gregory routinely advises companies on technology transactions through drafting and negotiating joint development agreements, software development and service agreements and licenses for all forms of IP. Gregory has significant experience assisting businesses with IP related to cardiovascular devices, orthopedics (ACL repair and reconstruction), catheters, heart valves, collagen implants, biologics, sutures & suture deployment instruments, robotics, embedded IoT medical devices, SaMD (software as a medical device) and diagnostics.
Gregory has a rare combination of experience in the international and business aspects of IP. He lived and worked in Paris, France, where he gained experience in U.S. and European patent procurement and enforcement. He also has business experience working with major global corporations in IP management and licensing roles. Gregory’s international perspective and practical experience help medical device innovators proactively manage IP development and enforcement issues unique to complex business operations.
- Assists a medical device company in developing a patent portfolio for vascular closure devices and assessing patent risk
- Serves as a primary patent counsel for a multinational textile firm
- Provides comprehensive IP counseling for a start-up company focused on IoT solutions for the pool and spa industry
- Assists a company that develops and manufactures upstream oil & gas well equipment in expanding its U.S. and international patent portfolios and streamlining internal operations to help maximize IP procurement
- Assisted a medical device company in developing and managing global patent portfolios for trauma and cranio-maxillofacial medical devices
- Helped a major global corporation evaluate patent infringement concerning sporting goods across the U.S. and Europe, and then developed and implemented a licensing program resulting in supplemental licensing revenues for the corporation
- Assisted a major apparel manufacturer in developing and managing U.S. and international patent portfolios and enforcing utility and design patents against a competitor
- Assisted a major automotive supplier in streamlining global patent procurement operations and leveraging PCT strategies to better manage national patent prosecution activities
- Assisted a major aerospace supplier in developing and managing U.S. and international patent portfolios
- Helped a building products supplier assess IP risks related to a technology acquisition and manage those risks through deal closing and ongoing business operations
- Assisted an electronic coupon and reverse logistics management company in developing U.S. patents and assessing patent risk