David A. Severn has practiced law in Frederick MD, since 1980 and focuses on land use planning, zoning, permitting and development entitlements and real estate. David represents clients in all aspects of the zoning and land use process appearing regularly before planning commissions, boards of appeal and legislative bodies of Frederick County and its municipalities. David has served as lead counsel in numerous large and complex real estate development projects.
- The acquisition and development by Quantum Loophole, Inc. and TPG Real Estate Partners of the first-of-its-kind, state-of-the-art, master planned, sustainable, mass-scale gigawatt data center community on a 2,100-acre property in Frederick County, MD
- Carroll Creek Park a mixed use, public-private partnership re-development project in historic downtown Frederick
- “Market Square”, the first mixed use commercial, employment and residential development community in Frederick City, South Street Center Affordable Housing Re-development Project, City of Frederick
- Daughters of Charity Senior Housing adaptive reuse project in Emmitsburg, Maryland
- District 40 re-development of former Fredericktowne Mall on the Golden Mile in the City of Frederick
David also serves as legal counsel to the Town of Walkersville and the City of Brunswick, MD. for municipal, real estate and land use matters. David also represents and advises property owners, developers, builders, brokers, businesses and banking institutions in commercial closings and in a wide range of other real estate matters including contracts, leasing, easements, condominiums and financing. He has extensive experience in commercial real estate closings, title examinations, resolution of title defects and title insurance.
- Co-writer of the City of Cumberland, Maryland Zoning Ordinance
- MSBA Land Use Institute Committee Panel Member on Solar Facilities
- Guest speaker on zoning and land use law for the Maryland Chapter of the American Planning Association/Maryland Association of Zoning Officials, the Maryland Citizen Planners' Association, the Maryland Municipal League and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
“I value my clients and the trust they place in me. I focus on listening to my clients to better understand their goals and priorities, and the potential legal issues involved and then working collaboratively with them toward achieving a successful result.”
— David A. Severn