- This event has passed.
Trust & Estate Planning Update 2022
October 25, 2022 at 8:30 am EDT
October 25th, 2022
8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
EACCNY Members: Free
EACCNY non-Members: Free
Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination & Booster required to Attend
Offit Kurman Offices
590 Madison Ave. 6th Floor
New York, NY 10022
In partnership with the European-American Chamber of Commerce, the New York office of Offit Kurman will host a breakfast program on Trust & Estate planning and investment strategies for multinationals.
I. Pre-immigration tax planning (built-in gain issues, investments in non-US entities/funds/retirement plans)
- US tax compliance for non-resident citizens, dual citizens and green card holders (definition of US residence, disclosure & Reporting obligations, etc.)
- Expatriation planning (US exit tax rules)
- Income, gift and estate planning for non-residents with US children
- Legal, tax and financial considerations when establishing a US trust
II. Non-tax related issues relevant for non-resident and/or non-citizens coming to the US:
- Personal property planning & re-property planning, tangible /intangible assets
- Probate and court issues with foreign fiduciaries
- Family-related issues: foreign wills (incl. charity/gifts), minor children, attorney and health care proxy
- Marshaling international assets, specifically non-tax issues (jurisdictions & beneficiary designation)
- Foreign trusts vs. US trust; grantor/non-grantor status
● Diane Roskies, Counsel, OFFIT KURMAN
● Jack Brister, Managing Member and Founder, IWTA
● Christopher Wright, Partner, CBIZ MARKS PANETH & MHM
● Robert M. Nemzin, Senior Wealth Planner, HSBC
● Yvonne Bendinger-Rothschild, Executive Director, EACCNY [Moderator]
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, a full-service AmLaw 200 law firm with offices throughout the East Coast and in Southern California, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. Founded in 1987, the firm’s 280+ attorneys counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice. Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration.