- This event has passed.
The State of the Hospitality Industry
March 21 at 2:30 pm EDT
Thursday, March 21, 2023
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Three years have passed since the pandemic severely disrupted the NYC restaurant scene. Today, businesses, tourists and New Yorkers are hungry to make up for lost time—and generating a strong recovery!
While this is wonderful news for restaurants, the future may look ambiguous. In this complimentary one-hour webinar, which will be particularly valuable to restauranteurs, management and service providers, our presenters will discuss some of challenges and opportunities critical to continued growth for the industry, including:
- What is the current state of the NYC restaurant scene today three years after the start of the Covid Pandemic.
- The Pandemic was not the only point of stress restaurants have had to deal with.
- Proof of life for the NYC restaurant industry post-Covid.
- What the New York Real estate market means for Lease negotiations
- The fate of Sidewalk Restaurants: Licensing and responsibilities, and are they here to stay?
Franchise and Business
- Franchises, under the right circumstances, could allow Manhattan restaurants to move beyond the competition and pressures of Manhattan.
- How the customer habit of takeout and delivery is affecting business
- Consolidation of struggling franchise businesses being acquired by multi-unit owners
Environmental: Emerging Requirements Impacting the Restaurant Industry
- Waste not, want not? An update on NYS and NYC waste management laws that impact the restaurant industry, from food waste to plastics.
- Air Handling After Covid? An overview of NYS and NYC Covid-related air handling requirements.
Stuart B. Newman, Principal, Business Law and Transactions, Mergers & Acquisitions and Hospitality practices.
Thomas Pitegoff, Principal, Business Law and Transactions, Franchise Law, International and Hospitality practice areas.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, a full-service AmLaw 200 law firm with offices throughout the East Coast and in Southern California, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. Founded in 1987, the firm’s 280+ attorneys counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice. Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration.