- This event has passed.
The Family Business Roundtable Quarterly Speaker Series
September 10, 2019 at 9:00 am EDT
The Family Business Roundtable (FBR) of Guest Speaker Series
is a peer support advisory group for leaders of multigenerational family-owned and operated businesses, co-hosted by Michael N. Mercurio of Offit Kurman and Denise O’Neill of TAB.
Who Can Attend:
- A family member in a top tier position of responsibility in a family-owned business of two or more generations.
- At least two family members who are active in the business.
- The organization must be run by family members and have been in business for at least 10 years.
How to Join:
Speaker Series 2019
Next Meeting: September 10, 2019
Mick Arnold is the president of Arnold Packaging. Founded in Baltimore in 1933 as Arnold’s Factory Supplies, the company has developed into one of the region's premier packaging providers and expanded into markets in Virginia, Delaware, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Toronto. The company has served leading brands — including Saks Fifth Avenue, the U.S. Army, and Lenox — and has a rich history of partnerships with organizations such as the 3M Company, Northrop Grumman, General Electric, and Bethlehem Steel. Mick has served as Arnold President for 20 years, first working in the manufacturing division at the age of 13. Under Mick's leadership, the company has grown to manage 80,000 square feet of facility space, $1.3 million in inventory, changed its name to Arnold Packaging, and launched its first break-out division: Arnold Automation.
Sampling of Recent Topics and Resources Discussed:
- How family businesses can plan for the future
- Family Business Hacks 2017
- How to Run a Family Business
- Attendance Management XpertHR
- Managing Absenteeism & Productivity at Work
- All in the Family
- The Owner's Journey
- How to Run a Family Business- INC
- 7 Ways to Boost a Family Business at Rocket Speed
- To Jumpstart Growth, Flip the Company’s Priorities
- Attendance Management For Employers- XpertHR
- Seafood Purveyor to the Stars
- 5 Keys to Successful Sibling Partnerships
- Together Forever: 6 Challenges Every Family-Owned Business Faces
- Successful Transition May Be Your Single Most Important Key to Immortality
- To Join or Not to Join: That Is the Question
“The FBR has been a great experience for me both professionally and personally. As the President and CEO of a 120 year old, privately held family business I have found the FBR to be a sounding board for others encountering the same challenges unique to a family business. We speak the same language. I get just as much out of sharing my experiences as I do learning from others who are now my friends. If you are not involved, I suggest you get on board and begin enjoying the benefits of this great organization.”
~John Von Paris, President and CEO, Von Paris Moving and Storage