- This event has passed.
Social Collective Presentation for Small Business Owners
July 26, 2022 at 10:00 am EDT
DATE & TIME
Tuesday, July 26
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Understanding the unique issues faced by small business owners can help you and your company be more successful.
Please join Offit Kurman attorneys who will discuss important legal considerations for small businesses when dealing with construction contracts, leases, employment and labor laws, and business insurance coverage issues.
A member of Offit Kurman's commercial litigation and government contract groups who litigates a wide variety of real estate, land use, construction, government contracts, and corporate disputes will discuss:
- Key provisions in construction contracts and lease agreements
- How to use these key provisions to avoid expensive and time consuming disputes
Russell Berger, a Department Chair and member of the employment and labor group will discuss:
- Common challenges that employers face such as recruiting, managing, and offboarding employees
- Best practices for mitigating these risks while still focusing on the success of your business
- Legal issues related to recruiting and retention, harassment and discrimination, and restrictive covenants
An attorney in Offit Kurman’s insurance recovery and commercial litigation groups will discuss:
- Best practices and strategies small businesses should implement to maximize the value of their insurance coverage
- Common types of insurance policies and misconceptions about the coverage they provide
- Recent developments in the insurance coverage space
- Steps businesses should take to preserve and maximize coverage in the event of a claim.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
Russell Berger is a business counselor serving the needs of small and mid-sized businesses as an outside general counsel and as a labor and employment attorney.
As outside general counsel, Mr. Berger is a strategic partner who helps growth-minded clients navigate the opportunities and challenges, seen and unseen, that come with running a business. A thoughtful and proactive problem solver, he leverages the resources of Offit Kurman to provide the exact experience and knowledge that clients need on a range of matters.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, a full-service AmLaw 200 law firm with offices throughout the East Coast and in Southern California, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. Founded in 1987, the firm’s 280+ attorneys counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice. Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration.