Criminal Defense Litigation and Appeal
Protecting You Against Invalid Allegations
In today's litigious climate, executives and business owners often find the need to defend themselves from inaccurate or spurious allegations. Further, for an individual who has already been convicted, there is a need to explore post-conviction options in terms of an appeal. Offit Kurman Attorneys at Law is well experienced in criminal defense, and our lawyers have represented clients ranging from corporate executives to public officials who find themselves under the scrutiny of prosecutorial, investigative, or regulatory agencies. Our knowledgeable team of criminal defense lawyers serves clients at the local, state, and federal levels.
While we strive to exhaust all alternatives prior to litigation, our appellate attorneys are just as comfortable in the courtroom, utilizing our significant trial and appellate skills.
Our appellate and post-conviction practice centers on post-verdict and collateral review of criminal convictions stemming from guilty pleas or trials. A criminal defense lawyer will examine the validity of convictions and sentences, challenging them on constitutional, jurisdictional, or other fundamental grounds.
We represent clients at every stage of the criminal process, including:
- Misdemeanor and Felony Trials
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- State and Federal Appeals
- State and Federal Post-Conviction Proceedings
- Motions to Reopen Post-Conviction Proceedings
- Federal Habeas Corpus Actions
- Motions to Correct Illegal Sentences
- Motions for Reconsideration of Sentence
- Health-General Drug and Alcohol Treatment Proceedings
- Violations of Probation
- Parole Representation
- Petitions for Writ of Actual Innocence
- Grand Jury Investigations
To learn more about how Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law criminal defense litigation and appeal services benefit you or your business please click the link below.