Publications and Presentations
How Can Any Lawyer Work on Climate?: An In-Depth Conversation with Leading Lawyers and Recruiters
NOTE: This is a video recording of a webinar hosted on September 20, 2023.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
There are many opportunities to work on climate as a lawyer, no matter your employer, expertise, or seniority. This webinar with climate-focused lawyers and recruiters explored how to do more work that matters. Panelists shared universal insights as well as specific tips for each sector. The webinar also provided insights on how lawyers can make every job a climate job and how to get hired by climate-conscious companies.
- Matt Karmel- Principal and Chair, Environmental and Sustainability Practice, Offit Kurman, P.A.
- Christine Uri- Former Chief Sustainability & Legal Officer, ENGIE Impact
- Aidan Bassett- Law Students for Climate Accountability, Georgetown University Law Center
- Sangeet Kaur- ESG-Focused Legal Recruiter, Pro Lawyers ESG
The webinar also included:
- What employers are looking for in climate- and ESG-focused legal roles
- What planet-friendly legal roles are on the rise
- How to do more climate-conscious work no matter your position or seniority
- Whether certifications and supplemental degrees are necessary
- How to become a climate leader or increase your climate knowledge
- How emerging environmental issues are driving climate-friendly career opportunities
- Best practices and resources for addressing climate issues in your company or law firm
- And More!
Presented by the Planetary Lawyer Project and Offit Kurman, P.A.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS HERE
Join Our Community! Sign Up for Our Newsletter and Never Miss Out.
- The Planetary Lawyer Project
- Offit Kurman Environmental & Sustainability Law Group Updates
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, a full-service AmLaw 200 law firm with offices throughout the East Coast and in Southern California, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. Founded in 1987, the firm's 280+ attorneys counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice. Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients' business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration.
Our Environmental and Sustainability Practice helps businesses and individuals navigate complex environmental matters and advance innovative sustainability solutions. The group's seasoned attorneys counsel clients ranging from publicly-held companies to individual homeowners on the full range of environmental and sustainability matters, whether involving transactions and commercial arrangements, litigation and alternative dispute resolution, or regulatory compliance and operations. Our attorneys are passionate advocates for clients and the environment, and have been recognized by government and industry for their leadership and influence. Our attorneys are sought after authorities at the forefront of the environmental and sustainability issues facing our clients and the planet, and also provide critical pro bono representation to environmental causes.
ABOUT THE PLANETARY LAWYER PROJECT
The Planetary Lawyer Project is an all-inclusive online resource for lawyers that want to do more for the planet. This bi-weekly newsletter Includes curated job openings, pro bono opportunities, interviews with industry leaders, and your next climate-friendly client. If you are a lawyer or professional who is interested in unique ways to do more for the environment, the planetary lawyer project is for you.