Trust & Estates Legal Administrative Assistant (New York)
Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant for its New York, NY office. The Legal Administrative Assistant will work closely with attorneys in support of their Estates & Trust practice from a legal and administrative perspective.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- Prepare and draft a variety of legal documents.
- Document production, proofreading, and/or editing, final form for signing, portfolio assemblage and tracking any necessary client follow-up to assure timely billing.
- Handle multiple projects at once.
- Filing, sorting, and indexing documents, both physically and electronically.
- Assisting attorneys with various administrative needs, such as expenses, time entry, or travel arrangements.
- Provide a welcoming environment for clients to the Firm.
- 5 or more years of related legal administrative support experience, specifically in trusts and estates.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.