Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking a Regional Scan Technician to join its Baltimore, MD office.
This position is a project-based role and will require travel to our other Maryland offices.
Under general supervision, the Regional Scan Technician will perform a variety of tasks to support the Records Management initiative to scan and destroy closed files in a designated Region while working closely with the Records Management Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(The following are the duties performed by staff in this job classification. However, the ST may perform other related duties. Duties listed are not necessarily performed by each individual in this job classification.)
- Scans and copies documents, saving to Document Management System as directed by RML
- Prepares records for internal or offsite storage (per document retention policy)
- Destroys scanned documents (per document retention policy)
- Organizes and maintains physical files and performs data entry into the firms RIMS (Records & Information Management System)
- Performs other related duties, as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understand legal office work, procedures, forms, documents and terminology
- Keyboard skills with the ability to type 40 wpm
- Understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Able to manage workflow effectively, balancing interests of internal clients
- Safeguard confidential materials
- Working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, written format, and punctuation with effective written, verbal and listening skills
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as typewriter, copier/scanner, and computers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to travel to our other Maryland offices
Education: Any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying; typical education would include a high school diploma, or equivalent.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.