Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is expanding into the Los Angeles area and is currently seeking a Regional Administrative Manager (RAM) to join its LA office. The Regional Administrative Manager (RAM) shall report to the Director of Administration and will be responsible for the effective and efficient administrative management within the Region. The RAM will work with the Director of Administration and Chief Operating Officer (COO) on administrative support functions.
Administrative Staff Management
- Manage Legal Administrative Assistants, Document Management Specialists, Receptionist, and other support staff located in offices within assigned region including timecard, attendance, and workflow management.
- Coordinate with the Director of Administration and Human Resources department on staffing actions including hiring, firing, and performance management plans for staff being managed by the Regional Administrative Manager.
- Prepare and conduct new hire and annual performance reviews for administrative and office support staff.
- Develop and implement training and develop plans for administrative and office support staff with support from the Knowledge & Innovation and Human Resources departments.
- Meet with attorneys located within assigned region or otherwise identified to understand the workflow and support needs of their practice.
- Ensure efficient and effective support is provided to attorneys located within assigned region or otherwise identified.
- Manage office conditions, including conference rooms and visitor offices, to meet Firm standards and allow for functional and efficient use of office space within assigned region.
- Manage the ordering of office and breakroom supplies within the assigned budget.
- Coordinate with the other administrative departments to address issues and needs within the offices within assigned region.
- Serve as a local resource to attorneys and staff within assigned region to answer questions and concerns or direct them to the appropriate departments within the Firm.
- Provide regular updates to the Director of Administration on performance of the administrative and office support teams, regional and office operations, and other topics as appropriate.
- Plan and implement, with the cooperation of the Director of Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, and other departments as needed, employee engagement activities for attorneys and staff within assigned region.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Must be proactive and detailed oriented.
- Focus on problem solving and conflict resolution approaches to addressing requests and issues.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple workflows and quickly shift focus in a highly dynamic environment.
- 5+ years of management experience working with teams of diverse roles and capabilities.
- Office operations, management, and workflow experience.
- Moderate experience with office productivity software (MS Office).
- Law firm experience strongly preferred.
- 40+ hour work week with afterhours and weekend work as necessary.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.