Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking an Office Administrative Assistant for its East Hanover, NJ office. The Office Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in the day-to-day operations providing front desk office support as well as assistance to legal support staff through the management of document workflow, electronic files, general administrative back-up, and other duties as assigned.
Front Desk Duties:
- Greet visitors and maintain office appearance
- Answer and direct East Hanover reception phone calls
- Monitor and respond to East Hanover reception emails
- Schedule and reserve conference rooms/guest office
- Scan and distribute USPS mail, FedEx/UPS deliveries and documents dropped off by clients
- Order office supplies through WB Mason, stock break room and organize supply areas
- Monitor postage machine funds, order FedEx and Certified Mail supplies, and maintain printers and copiers
- Submit building maintenance requests
Office Administrative Duties:
- Scan, index, pull and close files (from storage area and electronic system)
- Schedule consultations
- Monitor and update attorney calendars
- Run conflicts checks and open new matters
- Assist with mass mailing and large print jobs for remote attorneys and staff
- Complete outgoing mail requests, and check requests
- Prepare filing printouts for Courier pick-up in office
- Knowledge of filing systems and standards.
- Knowledge working with a Document Management Systems (i.e., NetDocs).
- Knowledge of legal office work, procedures, forms, documents and terminology.
- Able to multi-task and efficiently manage changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2017 – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal form.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.