Litigation Support Specialist (Tysons Corner)
Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is looking to add to our team supporting our Landlord Representation Group in our Tysons Corner, VA office. Candidates must have a strong ability to quickly learn new tasks and procedures while maintaining attention to detail. Prior law firm or experience in a court clerk’s office is preferred.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Draft lawsuits, affidavits, praecipes, writs, and other court pleadings and legal documents with strict attention to detail and accuracy.
- Efficiently manage paralegal tasks associated with a high-volume litigation practice.
- Efficiently manage emails and client requests in various courts and jurisdictions.
- Communicate effectively with court clerk offices, clients, and attorneys via phone and email.
- Conduct legal research, including determining proper legal parties to lawsuits and statuses of cases with courts.
- Manage case scheduling and attorney calendars.
- Understand key terms of contracts and understand accounting ledgers.
- Prior work experience in a law firm or court clerk’s office, including case management and knowledge of litigation documents, court rules, and procedures, is preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, printing, filing, and mailing documents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to adapt to changing laws and court procedures.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.