Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking a Trusts & Estates Legal Administrative Assistant to join its Bethesda, MD office. This position is a great opportunity for someone interested in the legal field who is a self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities, and works well under pressure.
Primary Responsibilities: Scheduling client meetings, managing calendars for important dates, court notices and deadlines, opening new client files, letters of correspondence, regular client and court telephone and email communication, credit card coding, mail scanning and other internal processes.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Editing estate planning documents (entering attorney changes, typing revisions, checking spacing and formatting).
- Coordinating executed estate planning documents to be sent to clients.
- Organizing and safely-handling client personal documents, financial asset information and originals.
- Directly meet and communicate with clients on matters.
- Attend client signings and meetings.
- Heavy calendar management (scheduling meetings, deadlines, etc.).
- Scanning, copying, and filing legal documents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience (~2 years) as an assistant or receptionist in an office setting or law firm, preferred.
- Highly organized with ability to record important information and juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to complete tasks/projects efficiently and with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat with the ability to quickly learn new software.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and problem solve. The position requires constant communications (via phone, email, and in person) with clients, courts, government agencies, and financial institutions.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning, and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Average typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
If interested, please use this link to apply directly: Legal Administrative Assistant – Trusts & Estates
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.
This role is NOT open to agency submissions at this time.