Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is seeking a native German speaking legal administrative assistant to join its New York, NY office supporting attorneys in the Corporate/Transactional practice group. Candidates must possess five or more years of successful administrative support working as a legal administrative assistant or secretary. Native German language proficiency is required as well as fluent English.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc., maintain diary for court dates and follow-up.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- Handle extensive client contact via correspondence, phone, email, and in-person in both German and English.
- Prepare and draft a variety of corporate documents in English and/or German.
- Support attorneys in production of documents including formatting (e.g. numbering, table of contents etc.), and German and English proofreading,
- Track and file attorney and client expense reports and reimbursements.
- Organize attorney travel.
- Support German intern administration and training.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience with transactional or corporate support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling in English and German.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and international clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.
If interested, please apply directly at: Legal Administrative Assistant – German Speaking