Legal Administrative Assistant – Family Law (Washington, DC)
Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join its Washington, D.C. office. Candidates must possess 3+ years prior experience supporting a family law practice or have a similar general litigation background.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc., maintain diary for court dates and follow-up.
- Handle extensive client contact, both via phone, email, and in-person.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Open, maintain, and close client files.
- File and e-file documents with various courts in D.C. and MD.
- Prepare and draft a variety of legal documents.
- Complete and track expense reports, credit card reconciliations, and reimbursements.
- Organize attorney travel arrangements.
- General office management: ordering and stocking supplies, as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years supporting family law practice preferred, but not required.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.