Legal Administrative Assistant – Corporate/Real Estate (Los Angeles)
Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join its Los Angeles, CA office supporting attorneys in the Corporate and Real Estate practice groups.
Candidates must possess 5 or more years of successful administrative support working as a legal administrative assistant or legal secretary.
Candidates must have law firm experience and be technology proficient (Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.) with strong attention to detail and ability to turn work around in an efficient manner with minimal errors, experience with maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings, strong communication skills and ability to manage the attorney assignment with a proactive approach balancing the needs of all.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc., maintain diary for court dates and follow-up.
- Handle extensive client contact, both via phone, email, and in-person.
- Edit and finalize a variety of corporate/real estate legal documents and letters of correspondence.
- Maintain attorney credit card reconciliations, time entry, and other internal procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience with corporate, real estate, and/or bankruptcy legal support.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports, and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe DC, Internet research skills, document management systems, and attorney time entry software.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.