Offit Kurman is seeking a Trusts and Estates attorney to join our NYC office. The ideal attorney will have 5+ years of relevant experience and be admitted to practice in New York.
Attorney will assist business owners, both middle-class and wealthy families and individuals with estate planning and elder law planning needs, as well as handle trust and estate administration matters. Responsibilities include preparing estate planning documents including wills, revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts, Special Needs Trusts and Medicaid trusts.
Other duties will include:
- Creating customized documents beyond the boilerplate basics
- Preparing complex federal gift tax and estate tax returns (federal and New York)
- Preparing judicial and informal and estate and trust accountings, receipts/releases/refunding agreements
- Preparing real estate documents including review of deeds, and transfers of cooperative shares related to the funding of trusts.
- Advising clients on elder law matters including Medicaid and asset protection planning related to all public benefits
- Drafting and funding of asset protection trusts including Medicaid trusts, Special Needs Trusts and Pooled-Income Special Needs Trusts.
- Familiarity with Medicaid applications a plus.
- High net worth gift and tax planning, including drafting spousal trusts (SLATs), GRATs and generation-skipping trusts for the benefit of clients’ descendants and other types of trusts commonly used in estate planning, promissory notes, LLC operating agreements, etc.
Must be admitted in New York.
Salary range: $150,000-$275,000 / Actual salary will depend on experience and other factors.
Interested candidates should send resume to Leigh Novack at firstname.lastname@example.org.