Traveling with Toddlers on Planes
Here are nine tips for traveling with Toddlers in today’s world:
- Be prepared for dirty objects that find their way to your toddler. Bring along plenty of sanitizing wipes and keep them within easy reach.
- Pack at least two extra outfits as, sometimes, one is just not enough.
- Ask every flight attendant and gate agent you see if the flight is full. If not, ask if they can move people around so that your family gets a coveted free middle seat.
- Always carry a small medical kit with you – should include travel-size essentials – Band-Aids, Neosporin, Tylenol, Benadryl, and keep it in your carry-on for easy access. There may be some in the plane’s medical kit, but who knows for sure!
- Take loads of snacks in small containers or ziplock bags. Choose a variety to keep the little one satisfied – fruit, vegetables, pouches, biscuits, crackers, cheese nibbles, etc. There may be delays, and the stuff you can buy at the airport is expensive!
- Take a large scarf that you can wrap around the little one. Sometimes feeling snug as a bug helps them unwind and relax.
- Changes in air pressure can be very difficult for little ones, so take pacifiers and empty bottles that you can refill with water or juice supplied by the airlines to help them a bit.
- Stretch your legs and walk up and down the aisle. It really helps change the scenery for the little ones, and you may actually get some smiles and fist-bumps from adult passengers on the aisle.
- If you are traveling with another adult, send them on first to get some overhead compartment space for your carry-on, and then wait until the last minute to board with your child. It may seem insignificant, but those extra 10 minutes before boarding are treasured moments.
ABOUT CHERYL L. HEPFER
firstname.lastname@example.org | 240.507.1752
Cheryl Hepfer is a highly-regarded attorney who has practiced family law for more than 40 years. She has been rated by her peers and is listed in Best Lawyers in America and as a top lawyer in the Washingtonian, Bethesda Magazine, and Super Lawyers. She is past president of both the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the International Academy of Family Lawyers.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. With 17 offices and nearly 250 lawyers who counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice, Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration. For more information, visit www.offitkurman.com.
DELAWARE | MARYLAND | NEW JERSEY | NEW YORK | NORTH CAROLINA | PENNSYLVANIA |SOUTH CAROLINA | VIRGINIA | WASHINGTON, DC