Inspiring Views from the Bright SideSM
An Interview with Gregory Bandelin
1. What are the goods/services offered by your primary business?
Lion’s Wood is an innovator of banquet and food service furniture. As world leaders in induction technology, we hold patents for both solid surface induction cooking and warming. We specialize in the development of tailored banquet furniture for brands, groups, and properties. Tell us your operational challenges, and together we will create a product solution custom-built exclusively for you that matches your décor.
Our products are made-to-order by the hands of American men and women out of our factories in Baltimore, Maryland. To us, being American-made is a badge of honor that we hold dearly. We are privately held, and we stand by our products.
2. What did you launch in response to the COVD-19 pandemic?
Multiple PPE related products as well as touchless buffets.
3. What steps did you take to develop and promote your new initiative?
Securing large quantities of raw materials and assuring the pipeline would remain strong.
4. What or who inspired you to undertake this effort?
Keeping the company alive.
5. What results have you seen so far from this initiative?
Positive, above goal growth.
6. How do you define success for your project?
Keeping all of our employees working.
7. What are the biggest challenges for you to meet your goal?
The hospitality industry is crushed right now. Getting creative by providing alternative solutions in a post-pandemic world.
8. How long do you anticipate continuing this effort?
9. What have you learned by undertaking this project?
I have learned that if you push the envelope in design and production you can create some interesting solutions.
10. How can others learn more about your COVID-19 response efforts?
Taking chances is necessary if you want to flourish during and post COVID-19.