Inspiring Views from the Bright SideSM
An Interview with Amy Cecere
1. What are the goods/services offered by your primary business?
Interim Homes is a certified women-owned corporate housing company that specializes in leasing superior furnished accommodations for 30+ days to corporations and individuals nationwide.
2. What did you launch in response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Interim Homes works with many medical personnel and patients needing housing before the pandemic. However, since the COVID-19 pandemic, we have shifted our terms with all medical personnel to be extremely flexible and very competitive rates to best assist with their housing. As their contracts can change very quickly we want to ensure their stay as flexible as it is comfortable.
3. What steps did you take to develop and promote your new initiative?
We promoted this with our contacts at the medical institutes based here in Baltimore that we currently partner with. Also, WBAL featured Interim Homes back on April 3rd and highlighted our work with medical personnel.
4. What or who inspired you to undertake this effort?
The medical personnel on the front lines inspired us. They packed up clothes and personal belongings leaving their families behind to fight this pandemic. They we're the ones doing the real work and we wanted to assist them anyway we could.
5. What results have you seen so far from this initiative?
We have filled some of our apartments with medical personnel and have been able to provide them comfort during the chaos. We have seen people sharing and commenting what we're providing for medical personnel and essential workers and have supported Interim Homes (women-owned, small business) in their housing needs.
6. How do you define success for your project?
Being able to offer a comfortable place for our frontline heroes to rest while they're away from their families is certainly the greatest success for us.
7. What are the biggest challenges for you to meet your goal?
Since corporate travel is at a standstill, we have shifted our goal to primarily keeping our apartments filled and our tenants comfortable and safe.
8. How long do you anticipate continuing this effort?
For as long as the pandemic is going on we will continue to offer flexible rates and terms for them.
9. What have you learned by undertaking this project?
Community is so important. Helping others and ensuring that we're going to be okay has been a big lesson for the Interim Homes team.
10. How can others learn more about your COVID-19 response efforts?
Reaching out to our office 410-224-0703 and staying updated with us on social media!