Theodora Stringham is a member of Offit Kurman’s Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Law and Transactions and Employment Law practice groups. Theodora’s diverse experience is focused on executing sustainable plans for real estate development and employee matters. She provides comprehensive representation for everyday growth issues, including, but not limited to, re-zonings, site plan approvals, eminent domain/valuation concerns, employment discrimination and disciplinary issues. Theodora's scope of representation ranges from identifying potential liability and providing counseling/trainings, all the way through representation at trial.
Theodora has extensive trial experience. She litigates complex land use disputes, including but not limited to, eminent domain/condemnation matters, boundary line disputes, easement, zoning, access and valuation concerns. She has served as a fee counsel for the Virginia Department of Transportation and has also provided representation to individual landowners and developers alike. Theodora also has significant appellate experience, having previously argued before the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Theodora also provides litigation support for employment issues. She provides trial representation for discrimination issues, non-compete matters, contract disputes and disciplinary/termination concerns. Having previously represented both employees and management, she is available to provide employment counseling aimed at reaching workplace resolutions in a direct and effective manner.
Theodora believes in solutions-oriented representation, focused on preventing future issues and minimizing impact to resources. She is the author of the bimonthly blog “Real Developments in Virginia” which provides practical tips for individuals and businesses developing in Virginia and Washington, D.C. Theodora also hosts the podcast “Conversations with Leading Women in Business” exploring the journey of successful women in business across industries.
Theodora currently serves as a Director on the Fairfax Bar Association Board of Directors and Vice President of Legislative Affairs for the Society for Human Resources Management (NOVA SHRM). She is committed to serving the community through pro bono and serves as a regular volunteer with the Fairfax County Bar Association’s Neighborhood Outreach and Employment Panel Programs.
- Termination and Beyond: Practical Tips for a Difficult Economic Climate, March 2023 (NOVA SHRM)
- Managing Recruitment and Retention: What Lies Ahead for Employers in 2023, February 2023 (Offit Kurman)
- The 2023 Workplace: Steps to Take Now to Create a Compliant Workplace, November 2022 (Offit Kurman)
- LGBTQA+ and the Law: Understanding Best Practices, September 2022 (Fairfax Bar Association)
- Defamation and Disparagement: Knowing the Difference and Why it Matters, September 2022 (Fairfax Bar Association)
- Minimizing Liability Surrounding Overtime: Approaches and Updates, July 2022 (NOVA SHRM)
- Growing Your Business: What to Know about the 2021 Infrastructure Bill, March 2022 (Offit Kurman)
- Mental Health and HR: Taking Care of Management in the Era of COVID-19, March 2022 (NOVA SHRM)
- Easements and Access Issues: An Attorney's Guide, January 2022 (National Business Institute)
- COVID-19 and the Workplace: Employment Law Update CLE, December 2022 (Fairfax Bar Association)
- The Employment Review: Handling Vaccines in Accordance with the Law, October 2021 (Offit Kurman)
- “Back to the Office” Tips for Legally and Practically Navigating the COVID-19 Workplace, August 2021 (NOVA SHRM and Offit Kurman)
- COVID-19 Legislative Updates (NOVA SHRM), June 2021
- Virginia Employment Law Update 2021 (Offit Kurman and Sahouri), June 2021
- Building Up Your Real Estate – Tips for Pursuing Development Approval (Offit Kurman), April 2021
- Are They Really Independent Contractors? Updates to the Laws Classifying Workers (NOVA SHRM), March 2021
- COVID-19 Update and Best Practices (Property Management Association), February 2021
- What the New President and the New Year Mean for Your Workforce (Offit Kurman), January 2021
- Easements and Access Issues: An Attorney's Guide (National Business Institute), January 2021
- Virginia Evictions” moderator (Fairfax Bar Association), October 2020
- 2020 Virginia Employment Law Update (Offit Kurman and Sahouri), June 2020
- Returning to Work During COVID-19 (Offit Kurman and Sahouri), June 2020
- Paid Leave in the DMV: What You Need to Know (NOVA SHRM), May 2020
- Payroll Protection Program: Overview and Tips (Offit Kurman), April 2020
- Coronavirus: Creating a Legally Compliant Remote Workforce (Offit Kurman), March 2020
- Easements and Access Issues: An Attorney's Guide (National Business Institute), February 2020
- Practical Tips & Best Practices on How to Ensure Your Workplace is Covered in the #MeToo Movement (Northern Virginia SHRM), January 2020
Additional presentations available upon request. List above reflects last three years.
- Top Attorneys, Real Estate/Labor and Employment, Arlington Magazine, 2021-Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2021-Present
- Rising Stars, Virginia, Super Lawyers, Land Use and Zoning, 2020 - Present
- Rising Stars, Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, Land Use and Zoning, 2020 - Present
- Virginia Legal Elite Award, 2020 – Present
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Fairfax Bar Association, 2019
- President's Award, Fairfax Bar Association, recognizing outstanding service to the Bar, 2018
- Rutgers Law School Award for Pro Bono Excellence, 2011