Sarah Sawyer is an experienced and insightful labor and employment attorney who works with business owners and companies to help them comply with federal and state laws. She serves as the Leader for the Labor and Employment Practice Group. She provides valuable counsel on day-to-day employee relations issues, ensuring that her clients can find the best solutions while also being protected from legal risks. Her dedication to providing top-notch service has made her a sought-after leader in the legal industry. Sarah offers legal counsel on a host of topics, including restrictive covenants, hiring, firing, and retention, Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) compliance, risk mitigation, and other workplace issues such as navigating remote work, protecting confidential and proprietary information, and managing employees. With her keen attention to detail and deep understanding of employment issues businesses face, she is thoroughly equipped to help businesses navigate the complex landscape of compliance issues, employee relations, and litigation. Sarah has become a trusted service provider for businesses across various sectors through her relentless dedication to keeping clients informed and up to date on their legal obligations.
Sarah currently serves as the Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group, demonstrating her commitment to excellence in her field. With her unique insight, creative problem-solving skills, and passion for serving others, Sarah Sawyer is a valuable asset for any business or individual seeking assistance with labor or employment law matters.
Industry-Specific Work (FedEx Contractors): In addition to her work in varying industries as a labor and employment attorney, Sarah has an industry-specific practice where she works closely with independent contractors who provide last-mile and linehaul services to FedEx, offering them invaluable legal advice throughout the various stages of their businesses. She deeply understands the nuances of being a contractor, and her services have proven to be an asset to those looking for practical counsel. Sarah is known for her meticulousness in ensuring that each business runs smoothly from the beginning and her vigilance in protecting them from costly litigation and disputes. Sarah’s industry knowledge helps her hit the ground running and meet her client’s industry-specific needs, whether they are buying or selling a FedEx-related business, need guidance on complying with state and federal laws and FedEx procedures, or need assistance handling a dispute with FedEx or other parties. .
- National Labor Relations Act Developments, Better Business Bureau, November 2, 2023
- Legalized Gambling: What Employers Need to Know, HR Daily Advisor, October 2023
- Defamation, Free Speech and Social Media –Where’s the Line and What’s Protected?” Presentation with Mark Dimenna at MSBA Annual Conference, June 2023
- In July 2022, Sarah was featured on the podcast Legally CONTENTed.
- In the May 25, 2022 edition of Law360, Sarah Sawyer and Russell Berger published the article, Preventing Workplace Violence Is Not Just For The Oscars.
- In 2021, Sarah and Offit Kurman were featured in the MSBA’s Special Edition Bar Journal in an article on lateral growth.
- In January 2018, Sarah was featured on the cover of the Daily Record for her interview in the article, "Employment Attorneys Prepare Clients for Paid Sick Leave Law."
- Leading Women Under 40, The Daily Record 2023
- Employment Law Power List, The Daily Record 2023
"Business owners and entrepreneurs often wear many hats and are inundated with stresses of day-to-day operations and business worries, which often include legal concerns around compliance and litigation. I take these concerns off their plate and help them focus on the growth and success of the businesses."