Samantha H. Kravitz is a principal in Offit Kurman's Family Law practice group. She is an experienced attorney who handles cases involving divorce and separation, child custody, child support, spousal support/alimony, property division, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements and the enforcement of court orders and agreements in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Her child custody practice often includes complex custody issues involving parents with mental health conditions, allegations of substance abuse and children with special needs. Samantha also has experience representing clients whose cases involve complex compensation and business valuation issues.
As a journalist-turned-lawyer, Samantha understands the power of storytelling, and she harnesses her relentless curiosity, compassionate listening skills and knowledge of the law to strategically convey each client’s narrative to obtain a positive result. Samantha’s clients benefit from her honest counsel, reputation for professionalism and ability to amicably resolve the majority of her cases outside of court through settlement. When settlement is not possible, Samantha confidently litigates in both Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Samantha is a court-appointed custody and divorce/property mediator for the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, and she also serves as a private mediator for families wishing to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of their divorce, separation and child-related issues. Samantha is also trained in Collaborative Law.
Samantha served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lynne A. Battaglia of the Court of Appeals of Maryland. While in law school, she was Editor in Chief of the University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class and served as a student lawyer at the National Association of the Deaf.
- Presenter: Law Firm Practice Management Tech 2.0: Lessons we learned in the pandemic and carrying them into reopening (Bar Association of Montgomery County Law Day, 2021)
- Panelist: What Marriage Story Left Out: Disputes Over Pet Custody (DC Bar, 2020)
- Trainer: Rita Rosenkrantz Basic Family Law Training (Bar Association of Montgomery County, 2020, 2021)
- Presenter: The Legal Process of Separation and Divorce in Montgomery County (Montgomery County Commission for Women, 2013, 2021)
- Panelist: Pet Custody: Pup-Nups, Cat Support, and Mediation (DC Bar Let’s Brief It Podcast, 2020) [Link to podcast: https://anchor.fm/dclsc/episodes/Pet-Custody-Pup-Nups--Cat-Support--and-Mediation-emd14o/a-a3qu69k]
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Family Law, 2021 - 2024
- Super Lawyer, Maryland Super Lawyers, Family Law, 2023
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Attorney, Divorce and Family Law, 2020, 2021
- Montgomery County Maryland Bar Foundation, Bar Leader, 2020 inductee
- Bethesda Magazine, Top Attorney, Divorce, 2019
- Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine, Rising Star, 2013-2018
- Rising Star, Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, 2013-2018
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland, Section Chair of the Year, 2012
- Arc of Baltimore, Award for Service, 2008