Neil A. Nowick is a principal attorney in Offit Kurman’s Real Estate practice group. A seasoned practitioner with an extensive real estate practice complemented by comprehensive transactional experience, he focuses on complex matters involving the purchase, sale, financing, leasing and development of improved and unimproved commercial real estate properties. He counsels clients across multiple industries, including retail, hospitality and entertainment.
Neil has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in sophisticated office and retail leasing transactions, including up-scale restaurant and high-end designer boutique leases. His clients have included private investors, managers, operators, developers, owners of major office and residential buildings in Manhattan, and owners and operators of hotels, clubs, restaurants and shopping centers.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Neil was Managing Partner of Dahan & Nowick LLP, a boutique real estate law firm, where he practiced for more than forty years. During law school at St. John’s University, he was Managing Editor of St. John’s Law Review and Managing Editor of The Catholic Lawyer.
Neil is also a member of The Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the New York State Bar Association.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of the fee and leasehold interests applicable to a midtown Manhattan site with an existing office building in excess of 600,000 sq. ft
- Represented owner/operator in the sale of a singles resort in Connecticut
- Represented owner/borrower of a Manhattan office building in connection with a securitized mortgage loan and mezzanine financing in the amount of $300M
- Represented developer in the site acquisition, assemblage, development and financing of a residential condominium on the westside of Manhattan
- Represented developer in the site acquisition, assemblage, purchase of air rights and leasing of parcels relating to the development of a boutique hotel on the lower east side of Manhattan
- Numerous complex office and retail leases for various owners of large commercial buildings in NYC
- Represented developer in the site acquisition, assemblage and sale of a development site in Manhattan for construction of a large residential building
- Complex ground lease transactions (including financing) representing fee owners in properties located in NYC
- Represented owner in the sale of a luxury brownstone in Manhattan
- Represented developer in the acquisition, development and construction financing for a residential condominium building in Westchester County, New York
- Numerous “high-end” restaurant and retail leases in Manhattan
- Numerous acquisitions and sales of commercial buildings in NYC