Michiel Bloemsma represents privately held companies, entrepreneurs, and investors in connection with general corporate and commercial transactions. He assists clients with the formation of business entities, including advice with respect to the choice of legal entity and drafting and negotiating of shareholders’, partnership and LLC agreements. Mr. Bloemsma assists clients with joint venture contracts, M&A deals, financing transactions, including loan and security agreements and investment contracts, and various other commercial transactions, such as sales and distributorship contracts and software licensing agreements. He also counsels clients with respect to employment matters.
A substantial portion of Mr. Bloemsma’s practice is focused on assisting European and other foreign clients in connection with their US inbound and cross-border transactions. Clients include software and technology companies, startups, manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors of merchandise, financial services and investment companies, and professional services firms, including architecture and engineering firms. Mr. Bloemsma practiced in the area of Dutch corporate law and international business transactions with two major Dutch law firms for five years. He is fluent in Dutch and has a basic knowledge of French and German.
- "FinCEN Issues Final Rule for Beneficial Ownership Reporting under Corporate Transparency Act", Offitkurman.com, November 2022
- "Many U.S. and Foreign Companies in the U.S. Will Need to Disclose Ownership," Offitkurman.com, February 2021 (Author)
- "New Mandatory CFIUS Filing Rule for Critical Technologies," Offitkurman.com, October 2020 (Author)
- "PPP Loans for U.S. Subsidiaries of Foreign Companies," Offitkurman.com, June 2020 (Author)
- "U.S. Inbound M&A and Investment Transactions May Be Subject to CFIUS Review," Offitkurman.com, March 2020 (Author)
- "Expanding Your Business To The U.S.: Should You Form A U.S. Legal Entity?" Offitkurman.com, January 2020 (Author)
- "Choice of U.S. Entity for Foreign Companies," Offitkurman.com, February 2019 (Author)