Michael K. Haley is a Principal attorney and member of the Construction Law and Commercial Claims Practice Group. He has a wide range of experience representing companies and individuals in commercial litigation, as well as handling and managing complex multi-jurisdictional matters involving a variety of industries.
Michael concentrates his practice on the representation of companies in the defense of mass tort litigation throughout the country, serving as national and local counsel, for both asbestos and silica-related products liability litigation.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Michael served as a litigation attorney at Flaster/Greenberg.
- Construct and implement case specific and national strategies in mass tort defense matters in multiple jurisdictions throughout the country; responsible for the development of corporate, fact and expert witnesses utilized in the litigation, as well as risk management evaluation of potential future liabilities
- Coordinating and implementing strategy for defending against fraudulent lawsuits in federal silica MDL 1553
- Representing a corporation against a laundry list of insurers in a coverage dispute involving thousands of prior claims and projections of future claims
- Serves as National Coordinating Counsel for a Fortune 500 engineering, construction and maintenance company for all asbestos-related matters
- Served as local counsel for a Fortune 500 waste removal company in defense of their silica-related matters pending in Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas
- Served as National Counsel for asbestos and silica-related litigation for an international cement, ready-mix and construction aggregate company