Greg Sutton is a principal attorney in the firm’s Business Law & Transactions practice group. Mr. Sutton maintains a broad corporate and transactional practice, with specific expertise in securities offerings, M&A, investment fund formation, private equity, and venture capital transactions. Mr. Sutton has represented clients of all sizes in hundreds of corporate transactions, ranging from the formations and financings of new companies to initial public offerings and multi-billion dollar public transactions, across a wide range of industries and market segments.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Mr. Sutton served as an executive officer (including Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer) of several companies, driving and structuring fundraising, leading M&A strategy, and taking one company public. Mr. Sutton’s experience as a business executive enables him to provide comprehensive, practical and multi-disciplinary advice and counsel to his clients.
Mr. Sutton previously practiced at two large law firms in Philadelphia. He is a graduate of New York University School of Law and Binghamton University.
- Represented a strategic buyer in connection with its participation in a management buyout of a specialty railroad construction and engineering company. Appointed General Counsel for same company following the acquisition.
- Represented a mining and aggregate resources development company in the securing of an approximately 20,000-acre property acquisition and permitting for mining and aggregate exploration and development in New Mexico. General Counsel for same company.
- Wide representation of start-up and emerging growth companies as well as investors in connection with venture capital financings (including seed rounds and Series A and B rounds and beyond).
- Lead counsel to the equity holders of a leading hydraulic fracturing sand distributor in northwestern Pennsylvania in its sale to a publicly-traded company, the culmination of an 18-month negotiation and sale process.
- Represented a major real estate developer in connection with the formation and associating fundraising of a real estate development fund focusing on Philadelphia-area opportunity zone development opportunities.
- Represented the selling equity holders of Prudential, Fox & Roach, a leading Philadelphia-area real estate and mortgage brokerage, in its sale to Home Services of America, an affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway.
- Represented the selling shareholders of a retail fixtures company with an ESOP to a major private equity fund.
- Represented a portfolio company of a major private equity fund in the fasteners/tooling industry in connection with a series of strategic add-on acquisitions of privately held companies.
- Established a continuing pro bono Education Law practice representing students and families of students with learning disabilities, helping them secure federally and state-protected special services designed to foster their success in school.