Greg Sutton is a principal attorney and chair of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Greg’s M&A practice is broad, involving transactions across industries, sizes and structures.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Greg served as an executive officer of several companies, driving and structuring fundraising and leading M&A strategy and development. Greg’s business experience enables him to provide comprehensive, practical and multi-disciplinary advice and counsel to his clients.
Greg previously practiced at two large law firms in Philadelphia. He is a graduate of New York University School of Law and Binghamton University.
- Represented a strategic buyer in connection with its participation in a management buyout of a specialty railroad construction and engineering company. Appointed General Counsel for the same company following the acquisition
- Represented a mining and aggregate resources development company in the securing of an approximately 20,000-acre property acquisition and permitting for mining and aggregate exploration and development in New Mexico. General Counsel for same company
- Wide representation of start-up and emerging growth companies as well as investors in connection with venture capital financings (including seed rounds and Series A and B rounds and beyond)
- Lead counsel to the equity holders of a leading hydraulic fracturing sand distributor in northwestern Pennsylvania in its sale to a publicly traded company, the culmination of an 18-month negotiation and sale process
- Represented a major real estate developer in connection with the formation and associating fundraising of a real estate development fund focusing on Philadelphia-area opportunity zone development opportunities
- Represented the selling equity holders of Prudential, Fox & Roach, a leading Philadelphia-area real estate and mortgage brokerage, in its sale to Home Services of America, an affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
- Represented the selling shareholders of a retail fixtures company with an ESOP to a major private equity fund
- Represented a portfolio company of a major private equity fund in the fasteners/tooling industry in connection with a series of strategic add-on acquisitions of privately held companies
- Established a continuing pro bono Education Law practice representing students and families of students with learning disabilities, helping them secure federally and state-protected special services designed to foster their success in school