Gabriel devotes his practice to representing businesses and municipalities navigating labor and employment disputes ranging from wage and hour litigation and workplace discrimination defense to collective bargaining negotiations and the resolution of grievances. He is often brought in by employers to oversee the handling of investigations brought by agencies such as the Department of Labor or when complaints are filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Gabriel assists employers with all aspects of employer-employee relations and advises on hiring and termination decisions, employee classification and pay issues, non-competition agreements, employee benefits and the administration of disability and medical leave programs. He has successfully litigated claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), related state law and restrictive covenant and breach of contract cases, among others.
He also assists with drafting and revising employment agreements, personnel policies and the training of management staff on policy implementation and best practices to avoid litigation.
Gabriel also served as Judicial extern to the Honorable Linda Carpenter of the First Judicial District, Court of Common Pleas.
- "How to Discipline Employees and Make It Stick," Speaker, Bristol Township, Bristol, PA, Apr. 2023
- "How to Discipline Employees and Make It Stick," Speaker, Bensalem Township, Bensalem, PA, Mar. 2023
- "Police Officer Background Disclosure: How, When, Why,” Speaker/ Presenter, PSATS Conference, Hershey, PA, April 2022
- "Understanding Sick Leave During a Global Pandemic" Speaker/Presenter, The Employment Review, May 2021
- "Free Speech Can be Costly" Speaker/Presenter, PSATS Conference, Hershey, Pennsylvania, April 2021
Additional Speaking Engagements
- "The Heart & Lung Act: What You Don’t Know Will Hurt You," Speaker, PSATS Conference, Hershey, PA, Apr. 2019
- "Defense Unplugged" Speaker, Delaware Valley Workers' Compensation Trust Annual Injury & Claim Prevention Update, Horsham, PA, Nov. 16, 2017
- "Legal Cannabis: Work & Weed - A Highly Thorny Situation For Employers," Presenter, PSATS Conference, Hershey, PA, Apr. 24, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2023
“I enjoy partnering with businesses to help them efficiently assess and resolve conflicts with employees and regulatory agencies. My success is measured in the ability of the business to thrive under my counsel.”
— Gabriel Celii