Chintan Desai is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Group. Chintan’s practice focuses on all phases of patent procurement, trademark prosecution and counseling. He represents a broad range of clients, from individual business owners to publicly traded companies, in domestic and international matters.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Chintan worked in private practice representing clients on a wide range of intellectual property matters, including contractual matters and litigation. Before entering the field of law, Chintan was a clinical research study coordinator at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. In that capacity, he facilitated interaction and collaboration between community, government and industry stakeholders in several community health research studies — experience that Chintan draws up when working with clients to better counsel and serve their needs.
Chintan is an active writer and speaker who demonstrates his experience by sharing his knowledge through speaking engagements and written works.
Chintan received his Bachelor of Science in Bioengineering from the University of Pennsylvania and his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law- Camden, where he was an editor for the Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion. In addition to being a dedicated professional, Chintan is an avid Philadelphia sports fan and a firm believer in trusting the process.
- iFixit Corporation v. Locket I.P. L.L.C. (C.D. California 2022)
- Represented Plaintiff Hawaii Life Real Estate Services in dismissing with prejudice declaratory judgment action for noninfringement and invalidity of the asserted patent, directed to a method using a computer for locating regions of interest in a user interface. - Hawaii Life Real Estate Services, L.L.C. v. Locket I.P. L.L.C. (D. Hawaii 2022)
- Represented plaintiff A.R.P. Renovation & Maintenance, LLC., trademark infringement. - A.R.P. Renovation & Maintenance, L.L.C. v. A.R.C. Improvements, L.L.C., et al. (New Jersey District Court),
- Represented the plaintiff Beyond Cushions Corp., copyright infringement. - Beyond Cushions Corp. v. The T.J.X. Companies, Inc. et al. (New Jersey District Court)
- Represented plaintiff Cosmetic Perfume Filling and Packaging Inc., trade secret and contract action. - Cosmetic Perfume Filling and Packaging, Inc. v. Le Papillon of New Jersey, Ltd., et al. (New Jersey District Court)
- Represented defendants L.L.J. Enterprises Inc. et al., copyright and trademark infringement. - Internet Products, L.L.C. v. L.L.J. Enterprises, Inc., et al. (New Jersey District Court)
- Represented defendants M.K. Distributors et al., trademark infringement. - Prime Hookah v. M.K. Distributors et al. (District of Massachusetts)
- Represented plaintiff C.B.A. Environmental Services Inc., patent infringement. - C.B.A. Environmental Services Inc. v. Toll Brothers Inc., et al. (New Jersey District Court)