Cathy Fleming is a Principal in the firm’s Litigation practice group. Cathy has worked with corporations, their boards and individuals for more than 43 years. A trial lawyer, Cathy has tried more than 60 cases to verdict across the Country, with the majority in federal courts.
A former federal prosecutor, Cathy has special expertise in white collar criminal defense, SEC and other regulatory enforcement matters, securities litigation, complex civil litigation, sanctions matters, tax controversies and internal investigations. She has extensive experience in international matters, including money laundering investigations and international extraditions.
Her skill as a trial lawyer has been repeatedly recognized, including by the American College of Trial Lawyers which inducted her as a Fellow in 2018. Cathy also serves as outside general counsel for corporations. In addition, she has managed budgets, P&L and personnel in law firms.
Cathy has served on not-for-profit boards, including as president. She frequently teaches courses focused on ethics, fraud and trial skills.
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Platinum Award for Women’s Initiative & Leaders in Law, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, 2008
- Woman of Power & Influence, National Organization for Women, 2007
- Special Commendation Award, Department of Justice, 1987, for her work as a federal prosecutor
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers New York, 2006-present (White Collar Defense)