For the last 20 years, Candace Dellacona has focused her law practice in the areas of Estate Planning, Asset Protection Planning, Elder Law, Estate Administration, Special Needs Planning and Advocacy. She works closely with families throughout every phase of their lives and as a result, represents multiple generations of the same families. Whether a client is just starting out in life and welcoming their first child or is a business owner requiring a sophisticated estate plan to address tax issues or a business succession plan, Ms. Dellacona constructs plans to address each individual’s goals. When a client requires representation in business, real estate, tax, litigation, or a family matter, she can draw upon the diverse resources of her team to provide holistic services.
Ms. Dellacona maintains a robust Elder Law practice, advising families whose loved ones require long-term care while simultaneously protecting their life savings. As an advocate for the elderly, she strives to assist her clients in remaining independent for as long as possible and live their remaining years in comfort and dignity. She also works closely with families to navigate the complicated probate and estate administration process to ensure that a loved-one’s estate is administered efficiently and properly.
Ms. Dellacona is a member of the Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections of the New York State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association, and the Friends on the Committee on Veterans with the New York State Bar Association. She is a frequent lecturer in all areas of her practice for the New York State Teacher’s Union, the United Federation of Teachers, the Jewish Women’s Guild, the Parkinson’s Support Group for Families at Mt. Sinai and Hadassah. She sits on the Board of Directors of the Long Island Council of Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and the Quinn Madeleine Foundation.
Ms. Dellacona earned her law degree from St. John’s University in New York City and her undergraduate degree at American University in Washington DC. In her free time, she enjoys traveling with her husband and their three very busy teenage children.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION:
- The Herald 2022 Top Lawyers of Long Island Award for Trusts & Estates
- Super Lawyers Top Women Attorneys in New York City, (2015, 2016)
- Top Women in the Law by Hofstra University School of Law, Center for Children Families and the Law (2016)
- Super Lawyers New York City's Rising Stars, Elder Law (2012, 2013, 2014)
PUBLICATIONS & MEDIA
Candace Dellacona was quoted extensively in the article “How Does A Living Will Work?"Forbes Health Magazine, August 18th.
PODCASTS & WEBINARS
- "Essential Legal Documents for Your Adult Children", Tax Talk Radio Show on radio station 103.9 LI News FM, September 21, 2022
- "Grow Your Business, Grow Your Wealth Podcast with Gary Heldt", Apple Podcasts, September 20, 2022
- "Protecting the Elderly from Financial Predators", Tax Talk Radio Show on radio station 103.9 LI News FM, May 2022
- "Different Ways to Watch Out for Elder Abuse", Caregiver Dave Podcast Series, May 2022
- "Hot Topics in Elder Law" – Offit Kurman Breakfast Bar Speaker Series, May 2022