Anthony L. Meola is a principal attorney in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group. Anthony is an experienced trial attorney with a demonstrated history of working in the legal services industry. He is skilled in advising technology companies as outside general counsel, as well as in handling corporate-related matters and commercial litigation with an emphasis on patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret procurement, licensing and enforcement.
Anthony’s areas of focus within his practice include intellectual property counseling and enforcement patent prosecution, post-grant reviews and litigation trademark prosecution, as well as TTAB proceedings and litigation. In addition to copyright counseling and litigation, trade secret counseling and litigation, privacy and data law, cybersecurity law, corporate counseling and corporate succession planning, including trusts and estates counseling and probate litigation.
- Represented trademark owner in trademark infringement matter for confectionary products. (Rosewood Farms Country Gifts, LLC v. Chris Beers Ventures, LLC (Western District of Pennsylvania – 2022))
- Represented defendant in copyright infringement action resulting in settlement. (Patricia Baker v. Canvas, Corks and Forks, LLC (NDNY – 2022))
- Litigated copyright infringement where Plaintiff’s photographs appear in Defendant’s film which was produced and released by Apple, Inc. (Kelley vs. Morning Bee, Inc. et al. (SDNY – 2021))
- Represented Plaintiff regarding false endorsement litigation action, where Defendant’s products falsely and misleadingly represent to consumers that Plaintiff endorses, has sponsored, or approves of Defendant’s products. (Baranov vs. Max Mara, U.S.A., Inc. (SDNY – 2021))
- Provided counsel to Defendant regarding asset purchase agreement and breach of contract in which the Plaintiff is seeking to recover in excess of $270,000. (GLG Lighting, Inc. vs. LTD Lighting, Inc.. et al. (New York County Supreme Court – 2021))
- Litigated trade dress infringement, unfair deceptive trade practices and unfair competition on behalf of Plaintiff. (EBIN New York, Inc. vs. PNM Trading, LLC. (Georgia Northern District Court – 2021))
- Provided counsel to Plaintiff regarding trade dress infringement, false designation, and unfair competition. (EBIN New York, Inc. v. Tom Trading, LLC et al (Texas Southern District Court– 2021))
- Represented Defendant regarding false and misleading representation and unfair competition. (Prime Buyers Club LLC vs. EBIN New York, Inc. (EDNY – 2021))
- Represented Defendant in patent infringement action regarding electronic cigarette products. (VPR Brands LP vs. Jupiter Research LLC (Arizona District Court – 2020))
- Litigated trade dress infringement and unfair competition on behalf of Plaintiff. (EBIN New York, Inc. vs. SIC Enterprise, Inc.et al. (EDNY – 2019))
- Litigated trade dress and trademark infringement of Plaintiff’s product, unfair competition, and employee breach of contract case. (EBIN New York, Inc. vs. Lee, et al. (New Jersey District Court– 2017))
- Litigated trade secret theft and employee breach of contract case. (Riverside Acquisition Group, LLC d/b/a Com-Pak Services vs. Vertis, Inc. et al. (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Delaware – 2013))
- Successfully settled patent infringement lawsuit on behalf of Defendant. (Digital Signal Innovations, LLC, v. SpeechPro Inc., (U.S. District Court, Delaware – 2013))
- Represented Defendant filmmaker and production company in obtaining a verdict defeating lawsuit for breach of contract, promissory fraud, accounting and declaratory relief in which the Plaintiff sought to recover in excess of $1,000,000. (Union/OSG LLC v. B-Train Films, LLC et. al., (CDCA, 2010))
- Successfully settled in a derivative shareholder dispute on behalf of shareholder Defendant. (KW54, Inc. v. Patrick Waltinger, (N.Y. Sup. Ct., NY County 2010))
- Represented Plaintiff in patent infringement action regarding portable battery technology resulting in settlement agreement where Defendant agreed to discontinue selling infringement products. (Anderson v. E.H. Yost & Co., LLC, et. al., (SDNY, 2008))
New York City
590 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10022