Alex McGilvray is a Principal attorney in the firm’s Business Law and Transactions practice group. Mr. McGilvray's practice focuses on corporate and business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and other corporate finance matters. He also advises clients in the areas of venture capital and angel investor transactions as well as general corporate, partnership and limited liability company matters. Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Mr. McGilvray served as Clark & Trevithick's Managing Shareholder for over 20 years.
- In 2021, Mr. McGilvray represented a Los Angeles-based insurance brokerage firm in its sale to insurance broker for $209 million in cash and a $55 million earnout opportunity.
- In 2020, Mr. McGilvray represented a technology company involved in the pharmaceutical industry in a sale of its business to another company for $150 million in cash and equity as well as a $50-$100 million earnout opportunity.
- In November 2019, Mr. McGilvray co-represented a Southern California-based company in a $75 million loan refinancing of its various businesses.
- In February 2019, Mr. McGilvray represented a Southern California-based company in acquiring the assets of a South Carolina manufacturer of aerosol products for the automotive aftermarket sector in a 100% leveraged transaction for $22.5 million.
- In September 2017, Mr. McGilvray represented a provider of automated forms and management software for the securities and insurance industries in the sale of its assets to an East Coast company for $30 million in cash.
- In March 2017, Mr. McGilvray represented a Southern California-based manufacturer of aerosol products in its acquisition of the assets of a North Carolina manufacturer of bag-on-valve products sold into the OTC drug and food markets for $7.5 million in total consideration.
- In December 2016, Mr. McGilvray represented a manufacturer of thermoplastic paint products for street and highway marking to a large competitor for $24 million in cash.
- Between 2012 and 2014, Mr. McGilvray represented a Southern California-based technology company involved in the real estate tax industry in its acquisition of four different companies for aggregate consideration exceeding $50 million.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Listed, Southern California Super Lawyers, since 2008.