Offit Kurman's Intellectual Property (IP) Group helps dynamic businesses and individuals to develop and protect their IP assets. We can help you through all stages of your IP matters - from concept through development, registration, licensing, marketing, renewals, enforcement and sales. Our comprehensive and strategic approach to IP protection is designed to maximize the value of your IP assets and minimize the related risks.
Our IP team can help you to protect your names, logos, inventions, lists, works and other intangible property - which you likely value as being among your most highly prized assets. We represent individuals, private businesses and public companies to develop IP protection plans of varying complexity which meet the specific needs of each client.
Emerging technologies and intellectual property move at a lightning-fast pace in today's global marketplace. Protecting your IP is as crucial as ever, and is often an indicator of the value of your company’s potential. Our clients turn to us early and often for counsel regarding how to build, expand and profit from their IP portfolios.
Trademarks & Copyrights
- Brand Development, Protection and Enforcement (i.e., trademark and domain name selection counseling, portfolio management services, trademark registration, monitoring, and renewal services)
- Copyright Registration and Fair Use Determinations
- Transactional Support Services (i.e., licensing, due diligence for commercial transactions and security interest agreements)
- Trademark Clearinghouse Registration Services
- Preparing and Filing Patent Applications in Wide Array of Technological Fields Before the USPTO and Worldwide
- Patent Portfolio Development
- Offensive and Defensive Reexaminations Before the USPTO
- Opinions for Freedom-to-Operate Patentability, Infringement and Invalidity
- Patent Licensing and Agreements
- Due Diligence, Competitor Watch Services and Counseling
Privacy & Trade Secrets
- Development, Enforcement and Interpretation of Trade Secret Policies and Procedures
- Data Rights Markings for Government Contractors
- CAN-SPAM, PCI and GLB issues
- Domain-Name Arbitration and Other Internet Disputes
Litigation & Disputes
- Litigation and Disputes Relating to Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Patent Reexaminations
- Trademark Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Cybersquatting and Typo-Squatting Claims
- Domain-Name Arbitration and Other Internet Disputes
We provide strategic advice and counseling on how to maximize the value of your patent and trademark portfolio. Day-to-day, we maintain and manage these valuable assets. On a broader scale, we conduct audits and reviews and advise on strengthening and streamlining your portfolios to be well-positioned for growth of your company, enforcement of your rights and defense against challenges.
Name, Image and Likeness
- Counsel clients to develop terms, conditions and process for negotiating NIL agreements
- Negotiate, review and enforce NIL agreements (including licenses, influencer agreements and NFT-related contracts)
- Create formation and governance documents for for- and non-for-profit entities as directed by athletes and their advisors
- Negotiate, document and enforce sponsorship and affiliation agreements between athletes and third parties
How We Do It
We will conduct a comprehensive review of your intellectual property assets and help you determine the appropriate course of action for protecting each such asset.
- IP Audits To Classify Assets and Determine Best Form of Protection
- Branding Counsel and Opinions
- Fair Use Determinations
- Invention Disclosures; Review of Prior Art and Public Disclosures; Opinions for Freedom to Operate, Patentability, Infringement and Invalidity
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Chain of Title Studies
- Assessment of Data Rights and Markings
Who We Are
Intellectual Property Attorneys
While we celebrate the birth of our country each July, in this month we also can celebrate these noteworthy marks,…
Many consumers gravitate to brands that protect the environment. While many companies merely pay lip service to eco-friendly causes and…
Baltimore Ravens’ QB Lamar Jackson recently made the news by filing a trademark application with the USPTO to register YOU…
Happy Anniversary to Friday Factoids®!!!! This summer marks the 10th anniversary of the launch of this series. To mark the occasion, test your knowledge of these anniversaries celebrating several famous brands and creative works.
May 31, 2020, marks the 201st anniversary of the birth date for Walt Whitman, one of America’s best-known poets. Great poetry is a treasured intellectual property asset and protected by copyright laws. To honor Walt Whitman and his artistic colleagues, take this quiz to test your knowledge of America’s finest poets.
May is National Inventors Month! To mark the occasion, test your knowledge of the birthdays, invention dates and patent issue…
To honor medical workers who work tirelessly to keep us healthy, test your knowledge of these medical workers who have…
Are you challenged by a complex legal issue or situation? Need help protecting your family or business in the face of legal threats? Looking for ways to preserve and improve your personal or business assets? Or maybe you just have a tough legal question that requires the expert perspective of an experienced attorney … Whatever the case may be, Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law is your perfect legal partner. Simply fill out the form below to access the knowledgeable legal guidance that our team of experienced attorneys has to offer.